Public Works Employees
- Do not shovel snow onto the street or alley as this may create a hazardous condition
- Move your vehicles, if possible, to have the snow removed from your on-street parking area
- Certain streets have priority for emergency services during heavy snow periods
- Note that streets are cleaned before alleys
Spring, Summer & Fall Seasons
Beginning 2022, there will be a spring and a fall trash event (dates to be determined). There will be a dumpster stationed at the borough garage where residents can bring their trash. Proof of residency IS required for anyone bringing trash (including driver’s license, utility bill, etc.).
Items NOT accepted:
- Construction materials (all types) including carpet, padding, empty paint cans, etc.
- Paints, solvents and hazardous materials, including oils
- Tires and batteries
- Large appliances including refrigerators and/or freezers; air conditioners and anything containing Freon
- Electronic devices, computers, printers, cell phones, etc.
- Large and/or stuffed furniture items, including couches, recliners, etc.
- Mattresses/box springs
- Household garbage
- Animal waste
Brush and Grass pickup
Pickup will occur on Mondays and Tuesdays from April through November, time and weather permitting.
Grass, leaves, trimmings etc. will be picked up on Mondays. They must be placed in trash bags, not tied and not exceeding 30 pounds. Place bag(s) at the rear of your property, closest to the alley.
Tree limbs, hedges, bushes, etc. will be picked up on Tuesdays. Must be cut into pieces no longer than 4-6 feet long.
If any items are in excess of the size/weight limits, they will not be picked up. Please hire a contractor for situations exceeding acceptable restrictions. Thank you for your cooperation!
Any unauthorized person(s) caught disposing of trash in the dumpster located the borough building will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.