West Kittanning Borough

Armstrong County, Pennsylvania

Frequently Asked Questions

Q:Will the borough remove grass clippings and leaves?
A: The borough will pickup leaves, cut grass, and other items with limitations.  Please see the Public Works page for more details.

Q: How should grass clippings and leaves be prepared for pickup by the borough?
A: The grass clippings and leaves should be placed in a large garbage bag, but NOT tied.  Please place the bag near the rear of  your property, closest to the alley.  See the Public Works page for more details.

Q: How do I obtain a building permit?
A: Depending on the project, it may be required.  Please review the guide provided by Armstrong County or contact Bureau Veritas 186 Blaney Road, Suite D, Kittanning 16201 866-378-7717.

Q: If I have a tree that I would like to remove - do I need to obtain authorization?
A: Yes, please contact the Shade Tree Committee Chairperson Nancy Capone by email or by phone at 724-548-8681.

Q: When is Trick or Treat for West Kittanning Borough?
A: Trick or Treat Night is approved by the borough council usually in conjunction with Kittanning Borough.  The date is typically selected the first week of the month.  Please see the Calendar page for details. 

Q: Who is our Tax Collector?
A: Please view the Elected Officials page

Q: Who are the council members?
A: Please view the Elected Officials page

Q: Where is the polling place for West Kittanning Borough residents?
A: West Kittanning Fire Hall.  Election Day is the 2nd Tuesday in November.  Primary elections in Pennsylvania are held on the third Tuesday of May in all years except Presidential years, when it is held on the fourth Tuesday of April.  See www.votespa.com for more information.

Q: What is the term for each council member?
A: Each council person is elected to a 4 year term.  Council seats  are available on alternating (every 2) election years. 

Q: What utility companies serve West Kittanning? 
A: See the Resident Information page for a complete list.